A Visit with Donegal Square
You will be instantly transported across the Atlantic to the warm and inviting island of Ireland…no passport required. We welcome you to our comfortable, friendly, warm atmosphere rich in culture and heritage, almost as if you were visiting Ireland with friends. We pride ourselves in bringing together traditional and innovative gifts, food and more from the best of Ireland and the British Isles.
What you can expect when visiting us:
- We are a Cultural Lifestyle Destination, not just about eating and shopping.
- We are the ONLY Celtic Store in the area and carry unique, handcrafted items that you won’t necessarily find in Ireland, Scotland or England when you are traveling there.
- When people come to our store (in Bethlehem or online) they get a unique customer experience enriched with heritage, education, fun and good food.
- The pride in his heritage, creativity and vision of the owner, Neville creates the foundation for the atmosphere that has been created since inception. His desire to educate and share his culture with the world, to celebrate each other’s culture in the goal of becoming a better society.
- We absolutely LOVE to help people connect back to their roots by helping to discover information about their ancestors and heritage.
- One of our goals is to educate people about Ireland, in particular Northern Ireland, to change the stigma that has historically been put on this area and the strife between Northern and Southern Ireland. There is so much culture in this region that we can teach and hopefully bring abundance and peace.
- We want people to relax, feel great and stay for a wee bit while you experience the Red Stag Pub or Donegal Square
Visit our online store at www.donegalsquare.com/shop.
Visit us in historic Bethlehem 7 days a week. Our winter hours are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday: 10am until 5:30pm
Thursday – Saturday: 10am until 8pm
Sunday: 11am until 5pm
We also do virtual personal shopping via Zoom or FaceTime. If you would like to arrange a virtual personal shopping session with one of our team members, call (610) 866-3244 or schedule your appointment by clicking “Schedule Appointment” below. We can “walk” around the store with you and answer any questions you have about the products and your purchase. Once we complete the sale, we would be happy to ship your items!
If you have any questions, comments, or just want to chat, please call us at (610) 866-3244 or email email@example.com.
Do NOT park in the small parking lot behind our building. It is operated by the Bethlehem Parking Authority and is parking by monthly permit only. Just avoid the temptation and go for the parking garage (just a few feet away!).
Bethlehem is essentially a city with two downtowns – Historic Downtown and South Side – and parking is different for each section. What both areas have in common ARE PLENTY of metered spaces. Metered parking costs $1.00 per hour, payable by credit card/debit card, coins, or the new parking app, MobileNow!
To download the MobileNow! app, go to www.mobile-now.com.
• Meters are enforced every day except Sundays and holidays, from 8 AM until 9 PM.
• Bethlehem Parking Authority is located at 85 W. North St.
Historic Downtown Bethlehem is served by two city garages, one at 75 W. North St., and the other 33 W. Walnut St., which combined offer more than 1,500 parking spots. Both garages are a part of the city’s Park and Shop program, where participating downtown merchants will validate parking stubs — though sometimes a purchase is required. Look for the Park and Shop logo to see if a particular store participates.
• The closest parking garage to Donegal Square is the Walnut Street Parking Garage.
For more information about parking in Bethlehem, visit www.bethpark.org.
Get in Touch With Us
Got a question or need to reach us? We would love to hear from you!
Give us a ring at 610.866.3244 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY WITH US
THE HOTEL BETHLEHEM
Experience world-class service, charming guest accommodations, elegantly appointed lobby and common areas, beautiful yet efficient banquet and meeting facilities, and Award winning cuisine. We proudly continue the tradition of Bethlehem hospitality which began on the site of our current hotel in 1741. The hotel is within a few blocks from Donegal Square…you can actually see it from our front door!
THE HYATT PLACE
The only modern hotel downtown. Hyatt Place Bethlehem is a casual hotel for groups, families and pets (and we LOVE pets!), with free features like Wi-Fi, and gym access. Use our comfortable amenities to unwind after a long day exploring our unique region near Allentown. The Hyatt Place is within walking distance of Donegal Square and historic Main Street.
THE SAYRE MANSION
Whether your visit to the Lehigh Valley is for business, pleasure or a romantic escape, you will love the Sayre Mansion’s meticulously restored guest suites and rooms, private event venues and our attention to detail. With our complimentary Innkeeper’s breakfast, free WIFI and prime location, you’re in the perfect place to enjoy all that Bethlehem has to offer.
DINE WITH US
McCarthy’s Red Stag Pub and Whiskey Bar is known for bringing a unique Irish/Celtic Pub experience (no passport required) to the Lehigh Valley. It is centrally located in the heart of Historic Bethlehem, right off Main Street, adjacent to Donegal Square. This Pub is no stranger to Bethlehem, as it originally started as a Celtic Tea Room and Bakery, opening in 1997. Owner, Neville Gardner, decided to convert the Tea Room into the “Red Stag Pub” and enlist the talent and knowledge of Executive Chef Jill Oman. The goal was to marry Celtic traditions with a gastropub atmosphere — including fresh baked goods, scratch made family recipes, and some twists on traditional pub fare. The result was a truly unique dining experience usually only found on the far side of the Atlantic.
To view our sister business and see upcoming events visit www.redstagpub.com
From the first time I walked through the doors of McCarthy’s, I fell in love with it! To the food, the staff and the atmosphere, everything has been amazing!