Built early in 1816 to replace the boats that ferried people across
the Liffey, this was the first footbridge in Dublin and known as the
"Ha'penny" Bridge. "Half a penny" being the amount of toll charged to
walk across the River. The owner got a license to charge a toll for 100
years and it was eventually dropped in 1919.
It is a single span structure with cast iron railings and decorative lamps and is still in daily use, but free... of course.
Made in Ireland of solid sterling silver, this bead is compatible with most major brand charm bracelets.